Enterprise Holdings is proud to announce it has received a 2023 Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award (GEWA) – an accolade that spotlights the most engaged workplace cultures in the world. According to Gallup, GEWA winners are recognized for their ability to challenge the status quo and “transform workplaces by putting people at the heart of their business strategies.”
This year, Gallup selected just 57 companies worldwide to receive the prestigious award. This year’s meta-analysis included over 2.7 million employees across 54 industries and utilizes criteria from Gallup's Q12 survey, which ranks employee engagement, specific business metrics and commitment to the organization.
"We are incredibly honored to be recognized among the top organizations in the world for providing an exceptional workplace for our more than 80,000 Enterprise Holdings employees across the globe," Enterprise Holdings Senior Vice President of Global Human Resources Shelley Roither said. "Jack Taylor founded this organization on the lasting idea to ‘take care of your customers and your employees first, and everything else will follow,’ so this award is fitting recognition for our continued focus on creating an exceptional place to work and grow your career.”
Gallup emphasized the importance of employee engagement and its intrinsic tie to strong business results in a press release that stated, “These exceptional workplaces, the 2023 Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award winners, proved that even during some of the most challenging times, strong cultures are resilient -- they find new ways to get work done and meet customer needs. These organizations continued to make employee engagement a cultural priority in their business strategy, and they maintained record levels of employee engagement while achieving or exceeding their business goals.”
Enterprise Holdings, together with affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management, drives employee engagement and retention numbers through a variety of programs and initiatives, including:
- Our annual, global employee engagement and inclusion survey Your Voice Counts, which helps ensure all employees have expanded opportunities to share thoughts and ideas.
- Organically driven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that help meet the unique, diverse needs of local operating groups, support the passions and unique perspectives of employees as well as offer networking, advancement and education opportunities particularly for women, Black employees and the LGBTQ+ community.
- A Management Training Program that helps entry level employees gain hands-on experience running a business, empowering teams and delivering excellent customer service.
- Our long-held promote-from-within culture which helped approximately 20,000 of our employees gain promotion or take on new challenges in various positions throughout the world in FY22.
- Communications that are designed promote engagement such as quarterly global Town Hall meetings and our employee-facing mobile app, Pulse, which fosters internal communication across the organization.
In addition, the organization has placed significant emphasis on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives to create a more equitable and inclusive workplace, including the formation of a three-tiered, global DEI council in 2020 that helps draw perspectives a multi-dimensional membership and develop a strategy that embeds DEI across the organization as well employee engagement and participation in DEI trainings and curriculum.
Click here for more information on the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award.